Tuesday 13 February 2018

Using images under creative commons license in a CLIL lesson

WATER CYCLE

Illustration by José Alberto Bermúdez


Hey there,

I am currently working the water cycle with my students at school and searching images for my CLIL lessons I decided to share this resource with all of you: images under creative commons license in a CLIL lesson.

I have chosen this picture because it has all that I need for my CLIL lesson. 
  • All the contents in the unit are included in the picture.
  • This image can be used as an exercise where students label the water cycle vocabulary.
  • It is very colourful and visual which helps learning.
To summarize, this picture will help me in my lesson because students understand better when they see a real picture or an illustration rather than listening to an explanation. I will show the picture to my students to explain them the different water cycle stages. Moreover, it also works as an assessment. Once you have explained the topic, you can check if they have understood it or not using the image as an exercise. I will give them the picture, and they will have to label the different stages. They can also draw it on their notebooks, Finally, I will also use the picture to review the unit before the exam. There are no word on it, so you can ask your students different questions about the topic and ask them to describe the image.

Hope you like it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment