Wednesday 11 April 2018

Breaking news project

Hey there,

Here I am again with another resource that you can use in your CLIL class, podcasts. It is a powerful resource in order to achieve oral and written skills. In this case, I will show you a project that I have developed for my classroom, but first... 

How can I create our own podcast?

Easy. In my case, the programme that I have used to record is GarageBand, by Apple Inc. It is really easy to use. You only need a microphone and start recording. There are also a lot of virtual instruments to produce music for the programme. I have recorded a free copyright theme for our programme with this tool.


After that, you need a place to storage your own podcast. The platform that I have used is Soundcloud. As a musician, I have been using this resources for a lot of years. I was the place where I saved all my music before launching it to the digital platfors such as Spotify or iTunes. Here you have a playlist that I created where I showed my first songs to the rest of the world.


Now, I would like to show you our project. It is a radio programme where my students will inform their partners about the things that all of us are going to do in the school. You have all the information in the following drive document.


Finally, here you have a Welcome audio that I recorded to my students at the beginning of the course and the project's Soundcloud account.



I love sound and I love music. So, I enjoy working on these platforms. I can spend hours and hours producing, editing and experimenting with different sounds. Nowadays, these tools are very easy to use although you do not know anything about sound.

Hope you like it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment